12 January 2010

Day Twelve

Today was a rummage around in the freezer, fruit medley kind of day. Boy, will I be glad when summer rolls around again and I can visit our local farmer's market. Is it wrong that I'm salivating, not over the fresh fruits & veggies that I can get, but over the leaves that are attached to said produce? I am lucky in that I've got a fantastic local grocery store that caters to produce snobs like myself. Today's smoothie recipe is as follows:
  • handful of frozen mango chunks (whatever was left in the bag, about a cup)
  • big handful of frozen tart cherries
  • two big handfuls of frozen granny smith apple slices
  • 3 fresh dates, pitted
  • 1 cup organic OJ
  • 3 cups water (I needed more liquid to move all of that frozen stuff through the blades)
  • 4 big handfuls of spinach
  • flax oil

Let 'er rip! I actually blended it all up before adding the spinach and gave some to my children that way. They told me it was too sweet and wanted me to add some greens. I can't win with those two.

Later today I plan to make myself some soup with my vita-mix. My goal is to keep the temperature under 118* so all of my yummy ingredients stay raw and packed full of healthy enzymes. Would you like me to share other recipes I try out in my vita-mix or are you here only for the smoothies?

1 comment:

  1. I have a Vitamix and would love recipes. I have made Gaspacho in my Vitamix but it is not the best time of year to find flavorful tomatoes which are key. I am getting more use out of my Vitamix with your smoothie recipes, so keep them coming. I did 30 days of all raw in March 09 so I am somewhat versed in the ways of raw. Thanks for your blog!

    ReplyDelete