31 January 2010

Day Thirty One

WOOHOO!! We've made it a month! What have you noticed? Do you have more energy? Does your skin look younger? Are you overall less bloated, less fatigued? Are you able to focus and concentrate better? I want to hear the changes you've experienced by adding green smoothies into your diet. Today's smoothie is not my favorite, but its not bad. Its very thick and very satisfying. I'm not sure I'll be able to drink a whole pint at a time. Here we go:
  • 1 avocado *
  • 3 mango spears (pre cut, bought at Costco)
  • 1 lb bag frozen pineapple
  • 2 bananas
  • 2 clementine oranges, peeled
  • 3 cups water
  • 3-4 basil leaves
  • boatload of spinach
  • ICE

*yes, a whole avocado. yes, its a lot of fat. yes, its a good fat. yes, it will help you ~lose~ fat.

2 comments:

  1. What have green smoothies done for me??? They have WRECKED me. I can't go a day without one. When I try, I get so freaking cranky and eat everything in sight. Unfortunately, they have not made me less bloated or anything and my skin has always been fine. I do have much more energy and focus, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green smoothies help me nurse the chunkiest baby ever. With my other babies I've tried protein powders, adding tons of butter to everything, granola bars, doubling portion sizes, and basically any high calorie items I could think of and nothing worked to keep me from feeling hungry ALL the time. Smoothies do the trick and are healthy to boot! As a bonus, I lost all 40 pounds of pregnancy weight in five months.

    today we had:
    2 cups water
    1/4 cup stevia-water drained off home canned pears
    spinach, 4 large handfuls, previously frozen
    above ingredients makes 3 cups, then added:

    1 tablespoon flaxseed, ground in coffee grinder
    1 banana
    1 mango
    1/2 apple, cubed and frozen
    2 plums, cubed and frozen

    It was great!

    ReplyDelete