16 January 2010

Day Sixteen

Today's smoothie was one of those "I have an idea in my head, the smoothie didn't even come close to what I thought so let's add some more random ingredients" kind of smoothies. And I have to say it ultimately did come close to what I had in mind. Whadda know?
I was going for a "Cherry Limeade" kind of thing, but I didn't have enough frozen cherries. So I substituted some frozen strawberries and I think it came out beautiful. Actually, it didn't because it came out kind of a murky muddy green, but the flavor is beautiful. Afterall, its not looks that matter, its what's in the inside right? Well that's what I tell myself. Please don't burst my bubble. Ok, into the vita-mix:
  • some green grapes (its what was leftover from my son's snack. I'd say maybe 7 or 8 of them)
  • handful of frozen cherries
  • handful of frozen strawberries
  • 2 keylimes, peeled + a small piece of peel for extra flavor with no added pulp.
  • 2 handfuls of spinach
  • squirt of flax
  • 1 cup of rice milk
  • 1 cup of orange juice
  • 2 whole dates, pitted
  • ICE

I love it. Again, my kids have given it a thumbs down. I think they've gotten into the habit of taking a taste and immediately telling me they don't like it. I don't get it. My older son used to say how much he loved smoothies, telling me he couldn't get enough of them, etc. I dont' know what changed. But I'm determined to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment