06 March 2010

Day Sixty Five

I'm finally starting to feel better. The sun is shining, my family is healthy. I have much to be thankful for!
So, I've always been intimidated by fresh mangos. Just wasn't sure how to handle cutting them up. So, like all things in life, when I'm curious about something I turn to YouTube! What? You don't? Don't lie. So, I bit the bullet and bought two fresh mangos this week. And oooooohh, doggie! I'm so glad I did! I used the technique in this video. My mango was a little soft, so my dices weren't quite as pretty as his, but for my first attempt I was very satisfied. I loooooove mango salsa and am so pleased that I can now make my own and not have to rely on processed salsa out of a can!! Today's smoothie:
  • 1 mango, diced
  • 3 handfuls of spinach
  • approx 8-10 large frozen strawberries
  • 2 c water
  • a few sprays of coconut oil

Let 'er rip! The fresh mango tastes ssooo much better than frozen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment