25 April 2010

Um, Hello??

Blogger is f*&^ing with me. It really is. Its trying to move everything to the center when I want it justified to the left and its trying to justify everything when I want it centered. I give up. So, I'll just type and see what happens.

A while back, my husband and I decided to do an impromptu 24 hour green smoothie cleanse. And then you never heard from me again. No, the cleanse did not kill me. It did, however, open my eyes and help me deal with some of my lingering food issues. You can read about my history with food here. Since starting this journey I've learned to really listen to what my body needs. I've become resentful of how junk food makes me feel. I enjoy feeling good and I've finally made the psychological connection that the way I feel is relative to the food I consume. I've always known it intellectually, but I had to get past my emotional addiction. I'm finally making breakthroughs.

So, back to this cleanse. Neither of us lasted the full day. We both worked out that day, didn't eat enough protein the day before to sustain us and by about 3pm we were both experiencing what I can only describe as "the munchies". Not wanting to set myself up for an all out binge the next day, I decided to snack on some apple slices & raw cheese. We had a typical dinner (at this point I can't remember what we had), but overall it was still a very healthy day. It completely opened my eyes to how often I'm still mindlessly snacking throughout the day. It doesn't matter if its carrot sticks or raw almonds, if I'm not really hungry they are still needless calories. I found myself wandering through the kitchen just opening the cabinets & refrigerator at random. I've been much more aware of my snacking and noshing ever since, so even though I didn't last the full 24 hours, I'm still calling it a success. I'll schedule another group cleanse again later. It was a fabulous experience.

Now, about the blog. I've been thinking about this for quite a while now. My blog is was boring. Showing up and listing a few ingredients each day was getting rather tedious for me, and I can only imagine how mind numbingly boring it was for you guys! I began to feel like it was getting in the way. It was taking valuable time I could have used to research & share other fabulous nutrition based information with you guys. And my smoothies recipes were getting redundant, don'tcha think?

So, I've made some decisions. I'm not going to show up and just list my smoothies each day. I want to share other things with you guys. I want to share more about how I'm feeling, what I'm eating (in addition to smoothies), new things I'm learning, thoughts I'm developing, and on and on. The good stuff. I want to share the good stuff. I'm still committed to drinking a quart of green smoothie everyday and I will continue to share some recipes. The really, really good ones (and the really really bad ones). I want to talk about smoothies, not just list them. So, I'm not going to promise that I'll be here everday, but I do promise that I'm still drinking my smoothies behind the scenes.

That being said, I have a small confession to make. I didn't drink a single drop of smoothie yesterday. The reason? I forgot. I KNOW! I'm still not sure how it happened. We were extremely busy yesterday, never taking the time to actually sit down and sit still. I knew from the get go that my smoothie drinking would happening in the evening and I was ok with that. The problem was, when evening showed up and I got the kids in bed (more like night than evening!) I was so exhausted I just crawled into bed and went to sleep. Totally forgot!! I did dream about green smoothies (and Reese Witherspoon, oddly) but I'm aware that that doesn't cut it. I woke up this morning and immediately drank yesterday's quart and I'll drink another quart later today. I know its not the same and I feel sick because of it. I can't believe I've missed a day. I felt like I had to come clean to you guys. I'm human and I make mistakes. I also realize that whole nutrition is not an all or nothing thing. So I missed a day. Its not going to make my blood pressure spike, I wont' become diabetic tomorrow and I know my health still light years ahead of where it was on Dec 31, 2009. But I'm still pissed at myself. So there you have it. Now, what do YOU want me to write about?

1 comment:

  1. Hello there
    This is LindseyBird Blogger erased my account.
    It says I am still following you yet my blog has disappeared :( They said it was a technically glitch. Anywho Just wanted to say I think it's great just being open and sharing like you do. I enjoy reading that

    ReplyDelete