08 August 2010

Burn Out


It's the beginning of August and I've been in this challenge for 220 days. To be completely honest I had been feeling a little burnt out on green smoothies. I have missed a few days here and there, but I am absolutely as committed to my health as I've ever been in my life.

At the beginning of the year I had some serious delusions that by simply adding green smoothies to my day would somehow make me the picture of health. I didn't talk about it much but I really thought these smoothies would be the magic pill diet that I had completely sworn off in the past.

It's only been in the last few weeks that I've decided that a smoothie isn't a magic pill. I've also realized that I didn't need a magic pill, I needed an attitude adjustment. I don't know what sparked it, I don't know why it happened NOW ~ but I have to say that suddenly feeling like crap (I was feeling better with the smoothies, but still not GREAT) was no longer acceptable.

I had been mentioning around here (and on Facebook) other little changes I'd been making in my diet, but everything I wanted to say about my health, my diet, my weight & my exercise just didn't seem to fit here. This is a smoothie blog.

So, I went off and started another blog (is it possible to be addicted to blogging? LOL!) I will still be around and still blog here (although my FB is much more active than this blog), but I felt I needed somewhere else to get into all of the nitty gritty about totally and completely reclaiming my health. I hadn't mentioned it at first because I really wasn't sure I wanted to go 'public' with it just yet. I'm still not sure I want to, accountability? Nah, I'm accountable to myself and my family. Cheerleaders? Sure, they're nice but I'm doing this for me. So why am I going public now? I'm not sure. I just felt it was time.

Come visit and say hi at Healthy for 100.

8 comments:

  1. Well, I will gladly follow you over there as well. Good Luck on your new journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I burned out on my smoothies too. It certainly wasn't my magic bullet either. I'm also secretly drooling over some chicken too. I am the the one who went anti-dairy and it was his idea to completely do away with all meat. Frankly I don't have so much of an issue with the meat as I do with the way the meat is raised. If I had some 100% organic free range hormone free chicken I would gladly eat it but I think Hubby would take issue with it. oh what sticky situations we can get ourselves into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand burning out on smoothies - how do you prevent from cheating and eating everything you shouldn't !?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, this is great! I have been doing smoothies for a while too, and have found some great recipes from a facebook page called: Smoothie Love - check out their recipes you'll love them!
    http://www.bestweightlosssmoothies.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved smoothies. If I could open up a smoothie shop I would have so much fun. However, I would probably drink all the smoothies I made there, so maybe it isn't the best idea.

    Jim Tracy | http://www.cheyennerubyjuice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi,
      You can compare readymade smooties and visalus shakes to cut fat at Meal Replacement shakes

      Delete