07 February 2010

Day Thirty Eight (its a two-fer)

Can't seem to catch a break around here these days. We went to my inlaws to watch the game today and by half time my oldest son was curled up on the couch (after having spent most of the first half curled up on either my or my husband's lap) with a low grade fever, crying because his throat hurt so badly. So, we packed up and came home early. We'll be heading to the dr in the AM to get a throat culture and probably some antibiotics. Hmph.

I made a smoothie for my inlaws and then made a second one when we got home. Trying to pump my son (and family) up with some extra vitamins & anti oxidants to get these nasty germs out of our house! So, today's post will be a "two-fer"! Enjoy!
Smoothie One:
  • 2 bananas
  • 3 big handfuls of strawberries (rinsed, with tops intact)
  • 2 cups water
  • 3 big handfuls spinach
  • 1 apple
  • the juice from the bottom of my fresh cut pineapple bowl
  • ICE

It was yummy, but for some reason did not come out very smooth. My inlaws liked it, but both my husband and I were a little put off by the grittiness. I think I just didn't let it go long enough in my vitamix. I dunno.

Smoothie Two:

  • 1 banana
  • 1 pineapple spear
  • 2 c OJ
  • 2 big handfuls spinach

This is an old standby for my kids and I knew they'd drink it. They loved it and both had seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment