21 February 2010

Day Fifty Two - Twofer

Today was another twofer day. They were both delicious! For the green smoothie:
  • 2 c water
  • 1 banana
  • 1 lb bag of frozen "tropical" mixed fruit (pineapple, mango & strawberries)
  • 2 big handfuls spinach

Viola! Done. I can. not. wait. for summer produce to start showing up. I'm getting sick of frozen fruit!

Number two smoothie was not green, and it was a bit of an experiment. I loved it. It kept me full and satisified for hours.

  • 2 c raw Jersey milk
  • 1 egg yolk*
  • ICE
  • splash of vanilla
  • about 2 T agave

*Yes, I said egg yolk. I, personally, wouldn't do this with average store bought eggs. Most of the micronutrients are lost in those. I use organic, cage free, free range. I'm looking for a local source of eggs from pasture fed chickens. This smoothie was AWESOME! It was super creamy and so yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment